Thursday, January 16, 2014

things to think about

 

Yesterday my roommates and I found out that one of the students that lived in the dorm on top of ours died.
Normally when things like this happen we see them on the news and they seem so far away.
The fact that it happened not only in our building, but the room one floor above us makes it much real (not that it wasn't real to begin with). It made me think.... we always hear that life is short (very true) and that we should make the best of it. Have I made the best of it? Have I experienced new things? Tried to be adventurous? Made the best of the opportunities I have been blessed with? These and several other thoughts crossed my mind. I also thought about my friends/roommates, have I told them or showed them how much I appreciate them?
I don't make New Year resolutions, because I know I won't see them through.... However I feel like there are so many things I need to improve about myself so maybe I'll give it a try!

Even if it's just on little everyday things (that might seem insignificant) let's try to better ourselves!



Con amor,
Yaris ♡

No comments :

Post a Comment