Monday, May 11, 2015

mother's day (a day late, I know)




 For all the mothers out there happy (late) mother's day! I'm sorry for making this post so late, I spent all day yesterday travelling and then at my grandmother's house with my family.

The flight was ok, although we had to change gates three times and I made the terrible mistake of wearing cute heeled boots. Note to self and anyone else who travels as much as I do: Never pick style over comfort. Today I have very swollen feet but it's been a mellow day so far. I've edited pictures, played with my cousins, and spent quality time with my babies (Minki and Nina).


Anyways, mother's day was a very bitter sweet day for my family. Most of them spent it at the cemetery, while my mom, dad, and I where on our way back home. A month ago we lost our Aunt/ my mother's younger sister. I only just found out the news last Tuesday, she went to a better place but left behind three little angels (my babies). So, now we have a full house of eight people and have not had any time to mourn my aunt but we will honor her. My family currently has custody of my three babies (read as cousins) since my uncle is disabled and isn't able to properly care for them especially since the middle child (a beautiful girl) is also disabled. I welcome them with open arms, I've spent half of my life helping to raise them and I promised my aunt that if anything were to happen I would take them under my wing. And that is exactly what I'm going to do.

Expect to see them on the blog at some point and  a couple of their own diy projects, as well as our transition into having kids in the house again and moving on with our lives making them happier. I'm excited to see what the future has in store for us.


As you can see while traveling my mom used the time to her advantage to knit and took in a couple of naps in. My mother is an admirable woman, I've never met someone as emotionally strong and stable in my life and I only hope that when I become a mother I can be at least a fourth of the woman she is.

How did all of you spend mother's day? And to the mothers I hope your day was as special as every single one of you are!




Con amor,
Yaris ♡

No comments :

Post a Comment