Monday, February 29, 2016

the rainbow bridge.....


I want to introduce you guys to Moonlight.... I never had the chance to post about her here before.
And now that I am it's not a happy occasion.  Moonlight is one of our dogs that does not like taking pictures, all she wanted was to be petted, and loved. We didn't adopt her, she adopted us. And now she has left us and crossed the rainbow bridge.

She came to us when I was in my Senior year of high school, my mother had received several calls from my brother about a dog that kept sneaking into our yard. When we came home after school I found her in the backyard all huddled up to herself. When I first approached her she coward away, so I instead sat on the stairs and gave her her space. I slowly gained her trust with reassuring whispers and a caring heart. I spent a couple of hours doing this, I hadn't even gone inside my house to change out of my school uniform.

When we finally started bonding I immediately named her Moonlight, because of her colors. I called my mom over to see her and we clearly saw signs of abuse and abandonment. Let's just say we are both softies when it comes to animals. There was no doubt or discussion, it was a mutual agreement that she sneaked into the right home.

She became inseparable with Suki, and our eldest dog Alea (I have no pictures of her because she is a wild child at heart and cares not for picture taking). She was afraid of leashes, water hoses, and of being tied up, giving her baths was almost a battle. But we still love her, she's family and always will be.



I looked up into the sky today and saw it wasn't as bright and sunny as usual, it's like the sky is mourning her loss too. The only good thing about all this is that she isn't suffering.



I'm glad she gave us the opportunity to give her a forever home, and that she was meant to be a loved and cared for family member and not abused or abandoned...


I'm going to end this post here because as I'm writing this my heart is filled with pain and my eyes are watering. Thank you for just letting me get this out of my system.


                                                                        Con amor,
Yaris ♡


No comments :

Post a Comment