Saturday, November 1, 2014

my journey to independence. part 1


Ok, so I said I wanted to take you guys on a journey with me and I'll start from the beginning.
Last semester I had a relapse in my condition and my health and course work suffered greatly from it. I ended up taking a medical withdrawal from the semester and started treatment. I've known for some years now that I had lost my independence because of my disability, but I never reached out for help. In my mind, it was my problem and I needed to deal with it myself. At this point I didn't even know that I had a disability... So for the most part there was a lot of denial in my part even though I had clear relapses every year. Until all of it got pent up and kind of exploded last semester.... Since I have been in treatment, but I also felt/realized that I'm dependent. I need to be with a guardian (family or friend) most of the time. I knew I didn't want to live this way my whole life. I want to be able to live for myself, so I started researching and found out that one of my best options would be getting a service dog. I researched every single organization out there that would have the type of dog I need and I found Little Angels Service Dogs.



I took my first step into my journey to independence 

Con amor,
Yaris ♡

No comments :

Post a Comment