Monday, February 20, 2017

A year wiser. Happy birdday to me~

It is my birthday! Altough I am of the belief that until the exact time I was born I am  still not a year older (I still have till 10:30 pm). This has been one of my best birthday days (???) in years.





It's been an eye opening and very educational past year for me. I am definitely not the same person I was a year ago.

I appreciate more things I took for granted these past years, and I have opened up more. I've taken more risks than I thought I ever would and it's helped me grow emotionally. I've had my ups and downs, but I feel like I have taken those moments.



I spent the day out shopping with the Boss Lady ( my mom), as always we had a lot of fun. We ended up at the same cafe we always go to whenever we go out together.


 It's the cutest place named Sweet Ann Cakes, they have so many teapots and mugs on display I just want to take them all home. Don't even get me started on the sweets, THE SWEETS guys. I got a chocolate cheesecake and my mom got a chocolate cake roll.  I also got to finally drink a mochaccino, and it was heaven. I was also able to catch up a bit on my reading.







Let me just get of topic to talk about Cinder. I absolutely LOVE this book, I haven't been able to dive into a book and it's world for years until I made the great decision to read this. I've had Wires and Nerves in my to read list on GoodReads, but in order to really enjoy it I knew I had to catch up on the Lunar Chronicles series. This series came out while I was in a hiatus, so I had no idea it even existed until I started delving into the bookstagram community (the best decision I've had, but that is for another post).I haven't been excited to read for pleasure in so long that I forgot how good it made me feel. I'm so glad to be back into the bookworm world, some of the best times I've had in the past all had something to do with my love of reading. I hope that that love just keeps growing going forward in the book blogging community. It also helps that the book bloggers and bookstagramers I've met so far are the nicest people ever (also they are just as introverted as I am and that brings a sense of camaraderie to the community, at least that's what I think/feel).


Anyways, back to my day I posted a bit of what I did on Instagram. I do what to show you guys my shopping haul so here it is!



I got  ACOTAR, because everywhere I see everyone has read it and I decided to give it a try. I'm going to add it to my TBR for March, along with Caraval and some other books. My mom bought me the cutest fox purse! And a sketchbook so I can practice my calligraphy and handlettering.



I got to floral dresses that I can't wait to share with you guys, they are the softest dresses I've ever owned. I am also retiring my poor everyday purse (she couldn't handle the pressure). I got the biggest, I'm pretty sure I'm exaggerating lol,  handbag at TJ Maxx. It's a Steve Madden bag and I've never used this brand so I'll let you guys know over at my Insta or Twitter how I like it.

It was an excellent day and I'm now watching the Hallmark channel while I rest after an eventful day.

What do you guys think of the ACOTAR series? What do you have so for on your TBR list for March? And also, do you prefer bigger handbags or smaller ones?


Have a great week guys!
Con Amor,
Yaris  


No comments :

Post a Comment